Sunday, November 28, 2010

Gaming Sundays: FIFA 11 (PSP)


Introduction
This game surely needs no sort of introduction. Come on, the mention of FIFA should bring your little brains to the conclusion that this game is about football. Or soccer if you would. If if doesn't, you should find a wall and face it for 10 minutes and think about where you have spend the last 10 years of your life at.

Gameplay
He's gonna shoot.....boys, hands....

No stories here. I mean, how would a football game have a story? Some sort of villain trying to destroy football matches and you are not to save the day? Now gameplay, no much uniqueness here. There are less game modes here than PES 2011, and it is mostly career mode and league matches. Though I think it drew quite a lot of attention with it's Be a Keeper mode, which I assure you is boring unless you play a 3rd Division team against a 1st division champion. Speaking of which, FIFA 11 offers a bigger number of leagues, inclusive of 2nd and some times 3rd divisions. For me, this is a very big plus, especially since all the teams are licensed or do they need to be? It's FIFA afterall. Anyway, the teams of all the leagues are based on their real life counterparts, and their jerseys as well. A big plus here.

Commentaries are way, and I do mean WAY better than PES 2011. For one thing, you get commentaries that make sense. Commentators will make funny comments at a goalie coming out of his box into midfield among other stuff. There is one downside however, the game takes quite a while to load compared to PES 2011, this is, I think, mostly due to the immense number of leagues available. Which in turns means an immense number of individual players.

Graphics
Sucks. Yup, that's one word to describe it. It sucks. The footballers only resembles their real life counterparts in like, 10%? At least you know it's them, and put them side by side and you probably have to admit that they aren't twins. And the pitch? I don't know if it's just me or something, and the grass are too bright. I have to switch my screen to the darkest settings in order to play. Not too good there. But I must say, music is fun, and by fun, I mean it's funny, and refreshing.

Conclusion
Definitely not the best football game out there, compared to PCs, and PS3 versions, but for me, it is a better football game for the PSP than PES 2011. This is mainly due to the large amount of league, more up to date team rosters and licensed teams. Though I won't be keeping this in my PSP for too long, since I prefer the PC version. I'm off to play FIFA Manager 11 now, till next time, adios....

No comments:

Post a Comment