Sunday, November 7, 2010

Gaming Sundays: DJ Max Portable 3


Introduction 
Yup, I'm doing DJ Max Portable 3 this week. The only time I've actually liked games like DJ Max Portable 3 was when playing Tap Tap Revenge 3 on an iPhone. And possibly Rock Band Unplugged. I wasn't really interested in Beats and Patapon, maybe it's just me, but smashing buttons to beats aren't all that captivating. The reason I decided to play this was due to the unlockable wallpapers and MVs. Without further ado, let us continue.

Gameplay
Usually, next up on the agenda would be story, but where can you get story when playing DJ Max Portable? So, I'm jumping straight to gameplay. You first play the 4 Tracks mode, which is really simple button smashing, then move on to 3.2 Tracks Mode, which includes the Analog. 3.2 Tracks are usually played with remixes. The transition from 4 Tracks to 3.2 Tracks is easy enough, but going back to 4 Tracks after playing 3.2 Tracks was hard for me. My hands keep moving around by muscle memory, and pressing the wrong buttons. I have yet to play the 6 Tracks and 4.2 Tracks, though I doubt I would return to DJ Max Portable 3 anytime soon.

Graphics & Music

Stunning. Compared to the other games of the genre I have listed above, DJ Max Portable 3's user interface is breathtaking. Amazing, even. Not to mention the music video playing on the background when you are playing the game, although I think you wouldn't be watching it much. Your hands will be full playing the game itself. You can enjoy the MVs after you unlocked them, so no loss there. As for Music itself, I think the game has a nice selection of music. It's just my type of songs, J-pops, anime-kind, trance, dance, and the other usual suspects. 

Conclusion
Although DJ Max Portable is fun to play at first, it get repetitive. If you are one who only use your PSP when waiting or when you are bored, then get this game. But if you play every other day, and are looking for more in-depth games, skip this. Really, it took me all of 2 hours to get bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment