Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Brief Break from Brief Break

I was going to stop blogging for the entire week, due to the two tests Im having at each end of the week. One on Monday, and one on Friday. But since I have some spare time, I thought, hey, why not do some blogging, and so here I am, taking a brief break from my brief break.

Monday was Engineering Maths A, which I totally dreaded, which in turn made me study hard, which never happened since SPM, wait...no, since PMR. I actually took my afternoons, yup, afternoons, to study. I usually hate studying in the afternoon. Why? It's too warm, and the bed is too tempting. So, what I did was, I blasted myself with the fan, and pampered myself with cold drinks. And ya, I prayed real hard.

The dreaded day came, and I was like, okay, I did all I could, which is not all that much, but hey, it's gotta mean something right? I could now do ellipse, parabola, hyperbola and circle questions without referring to formulas. Though, polar coordinates and log-log graphs were still killing me, but all I have to do is cross my fingers and hope that at most only one question comes from those section.

Then test paper came. And I was...like...oh no...what the heck are these? Hello, mr Brain? You still there? I need you!!! Then I started writing. Hey, not bad, I can do these...then question 2d came...

e^(x+3)=(22/7)^(x)

okay...these doesnt make sense...how on earth can RHS ever equal to LHS? Then I used the calculator, upon remembering some tips from my Add Maths teacher back in high school. I waited (takes a long time to calculate). CANT SOLVE. What the heck, skip, next question.

The rest were okay-okay-ish, except for 2 parabola vertex question where I totally forgot who to apply the formula to find vertex, and ended using Add Maths stuff again, though I cant say it's right. I just assumed axis of symmetry is where the max/min point was located. Another question was to find the parabola equation from the vertex given. Im so screwed. I cant find vertex from the equation, how the hell do I find the equation from the vertex. I decided to give it my best shot.

Spend the rest of the time figuring out how to do 2d, and the few other questions I got stuck at. This is probably the first time a maths test took the full test time for me to finish.

So anyway, in summary:

studied hard...




papers came...




aftermath....

No comments:

Post a Comment